Tuesday 1 November 2016

How To Get Rid Of Unwanted Facial Naturally And With Minimal Effort

If you've been following All In A Drop for a while you'll know that in March 2014 I was diagnosed with Poly-Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).

Since then I've been looking at natural ways of Battling PCOS to make sure that my body is healthy inside and out.

 (You can read this post to read a bit more about my journey and the way I balance my hormones with essential oils and you can read the first All in a Drop eBook using the link in the menu at the top of this page)

I wrote in the above post about making dietary changes, this is still absolutely the number one thing that kick-started my battle with PCOS. Now I've written elsewhere that making changes one at a time is far better than jumping in at the deep only to fail a little while down the line. The battle with PCOS is absolutely the same; small changes each month = a better chance of sustained success.

It takes twenty-one days to form a habit but only two to break it; one change each month will definitely help create healthy habits (not forgetting the occasional treat too!). I ended the last post having not had to pluck unwanted facial hair for four weeks. This lasted until five weeks when I noticed one horrible black one just sprouting from my cheek (eurgh!) I was really really not happy about this so I set about trying to find more natural preventatives.

Prevention is the aim here of course.

Re-balancing the hormones (with Endoflex and Progessence Plus) was part of this prevention, but now I want to introduce you to another:
Grapefruit
Grapefruit essential oil is my new best friend.

 Now I really dislike the actual fruit, grapefruit.

I remember my dad and my sister eating them for breakfast before school somedays and even now just the memory brings up a really bitter, yucky taste in my mouth. However, I smell this and it doesn't adversely affect me at all. Now I think it's because this oil is distilled from pressed rinds, opposed to being from the juice.

Anyways, I apply this neat to troublesome areas two times a day and (fingers-crossed) I haven't plucked since. Now, just to make sure it's working I ask Tom to check my face at least once a week - I find that light hits my face at different angles, not showing the black hairs, so Tom is my second verification step as it were!
*NOTE: Citrus oils are photosensitive. Do not expose treated skin to sunlight for at least twenty-four hours.
As I've said before my Primal lifestyle only got me so far in losing weight, I thought once my hormones were under control it would just melt off.

How very wrong I was.

Sustaining my primal living has been made easier by two things: the first is the whole family is doing it, what I eat, they eat.

Don't get me wrong, they still get treats, often in the form of gluten-free/dairy free cakes but they also have the occasional non paleo treat too. If it's not in the cupboard I can't eat it!

The second thing, take it slow - you didn't put on the weight in a week, don't expect to lose it in one! 
A really simple change you can make right now is to drink more water.

Yes, we've all heard this like a million times, but have you actually tried it?

I love, love, love tea. Good ol' Yorkshire tea, with plenty of milk, but please hold the sugar! I used to only drink tea, no water. I used to tell myself that if I wasn't dead from this then I was definitely consuming enough water.

How wrong could I have been?

Now I know water is really really really boring, majorly boring and you don't like boring stuff. I'm here to beg you not to put squash in your water. I know it makes it tastes better, but do you really know what's in it?

I know I don't and I've read the labels.

I've no idea how to pronounce half the names and then I just see funny numbers written and have no clue what they are. I'll start early with one my New Year's resolutions - Consume only food or drink with ingredients I can pronounce and know what they are. I think i'm doing great at this already, but I know I can still do better and my body will thank me.

So, I'm saying drink more water and don't add anything to it? WRONG! I add essential oils (yes those again!) to my water. Here's a little graphic for you:




You can mix these three flavours together or just add one.

Experiment and see what you like.

Remember to drink any citrus oils from a glass.

My kids really enjoy Lemon+, Tangerine+ and Orange+ on their own.

 It tastes amazing and is doing the world of good at the same time.

You can also add a drop of Lemon+ and a tablespoon of raw honey to a cup of boiling water for a delicious tea or less than a drop (I put a cocktail stick into my bottle) of peppermint and swirl it into boiling water.
FACT - one drop of Young Living Peppermint oil is equivalent to twenty-eight cups of peppermint tea!!
What are your natural ways of battling PCOS?
You can watch a bit of my essential oil and PCOS journey here:


To purchase the Plus range of oils, or any other Young Living product with 24% off R.R.P. please follow this link and to read about building a Wellness Tool Kit, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment